Check your stress level
Answer the 10 questions below and add up your score.
Almost always = 4 points
Sometimes = 3 points
Rarely = 2 points
Never = 1 point
1. Do you get irritable when you stand in a queue?
2. Are you often racing against the clock to save time?
3. Do you get irritated if you think something is taking too long?
4. Do you tend to lose your cool in pressured situations?
5. Do your friends think that you easily get annoyed?
6. Do you like it best when what you are doing has an element
7. Are you the first to get involved in a task, even though the
details have not been made clear?
8. Do you take work on holiday with you and expect to get time
to look at it?
9. Do you tend to do several things at the same time, e.g. eat
and watch TV, talk on the telephone and tidy up the mess around
10. When you make a mistake, is it because you throw yourself
into a task without being properly prepared?
If you have 25 points or less, your stress level is low. You manage
your everyday tasks without getting stressed. Continue to do so.
If you have more than 25 points, you are in a stress state, and
you need to do something about it, talk to others, and possibly
seek professional help.
The U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services